Henry Smith MP has welcomed the announcement that Inspiration Healthcare Group in Crawley has received an award for international trade, as part of more than 200 businesses having been honoured with a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise.
Those businesses were selected for their entrepreneurship, and local company Inspiration Healthcare Group is an example of Crawley’s entrepreneurial spirit.
“I’m delighted that Inspiration Healthcare Group has been recognised by the Queen with such a prestigious award.
“It’s right that the Government are working hard to create the best possible environment to start and grow businesses, and I’m delighted that we’re seeing recognition for existing firms here in Crawley.”
The Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Rt Hon Greg Clark MP, commented;
“We know that the UK is the best place to start and grow a business, which we will build on through our modern Industrial Strategy. These awards recognise great British success stories that are the face of this achievement, and I’m proud that so many small businesses are being celebrated by receiving a Queen’s Award for Enterprise.”
Three quarters of this year’s winners are small and medium sized businesses, demonstrating that the UK is one of the best places in the world to start and grow a business.
In addition to existing Government support; through the modern Industrial Strategy enhanced backing will be provided, including:
· Investing £7 billion through the modern Industrial Strategy in new public funding for research and innovation – the largest ever increase.
· Helping small businesses access the finance they need – since it was established, the British Business Bank has provided support worth £5.9 billion of finance to over 82,000 smaller businesses across the country.
· Providing small businesses with £200 million to grow and scale-up their operations.
· Providing a £31 million package of support for small businesses helping them to grow and reach their full potential.
· Legislating to make it easier for small businesses to access invoice finance, providing a £1 billion long-term boost to the economy.
· Cutting business rates for small retailers by a third for two years – saving 90 per cent of all shops, pubs and restaurants up to £8,000.
The winners will receive these prestigious awards at a Buckingham Palace reception, where their contribution to the UK economy will be celebrated. These awards recognise businesses for their contribution in four categories, with winners including:
· 129 International Trade winners
· 61 Innovation winners
· Six Sustainable Development winners
· Five Promoting Opportunity winners
Follow Henry daily via: